Owner’s Guide to Warranty
Version 1.1 – May 2017
Elektron Cycles adhere to state-of-the-art design and safety parameters and our products are largely free of defects and faults. However, we extend limited ONE YEAR WARRANTY to our clients. Details about the warranty have been explained further in the document.
End User Responsibility
The end-user must acknowledge and act on the advice and recommendations published by Elektron Cycles, including but not limited to information contained in technical specifications, Owner’s Manual, Guides, service communications and content and media accessible from www.elektroncycles.in
Elektron cycles m368 have been developed and designed for general riding practices on paved roads and in fair weather conditions. It’s not designed for severe off-road or mountain biking and should be used in accordance with local laws and road regulations.
The end user must visit safety section no less than every three months from the first usage. The end user must take all precautionary measures to maintain and protect the bike from the elements.
One must submit any claim arising from a faulty product within (One) 1month of its discovery.
Obtaining Repair Services for a Fault
Before providing repair service, Elektron Cycles or authorized reseller may require you to provide proof of purchase details and may ask you to respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues. Elektron Cycles or authorized reseller will provide instructions for the procedures for obtaining service. Upon satisfactory receipt of the requirements, an agent will work with you in an attempt to diagnose and resolve the issue.
Elektron Cycles provides service through its network of Elektron Cycles resellers. In the event that you require service or repair of a product, please contact the reseller from which you purchased the product. Depending on the complexity of service required, a reseller may elect to send your product to an Elektron Cycles service center location. Upon completion of the service of your product, you will be notified, at which time you may collect the product as soon as is feasible.
In case, a reseller is not available in your area, you may choose to repair the product (after consulting and getting a written consent from Elektron Cycles) yourself or with the help of a local mechanic with parts may or may not be supplied by Elektron Cycles.
Elektron Cycles will have the option to repair or replace (with new or reconditioned parts of the same or similar specification), at no charge, or repay the amount equal to the purchase price of the product. Elektron Cycles may elect to simultaneously replace non-defective parts that are part of a sub-assembly that contains the defective component. Any replaced components, parts or accessories will become the property of Elektron Cycles.
Warranty against Manufacturing Defects Only
Claims for the following will not be valid:
- Consumable parts where service life will vary widely depending on usage. These include batteries, LED lights tyres, inner tubes, brake pads, brake hoses, pedals, chain and drive components and handlebar grips. Your warranty will not cover these products unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship.
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches and dents.
- Damage caused by use with another product, breakage, unauthorized repairs, dismantling of parts or components.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, neglect, liquid contact, fire, any disaster or an Act of God.
- Any damage, failure or loss caused by misuse or operating the product outside published guidelines.
- If the product has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission from Elektron Cycles.
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear including corrosion, rust, hairline cracks in the paint, chips in the paint, water damage, and results of fatigue. Fatigue damage is a symptom of the frame or component being worn through normal use. It is the owner’s responsibility to inspect his/her cycle in accordance with the responsible practice and the published recommendations outlined in the Owner’s Manual.
- If the frame number has been removed or defaced from the product.
- Warranty is applicable for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase of the product. It will not extend for replaced or repaired components.
- Warranty applies to an individual under whose name the purchase has been made and is neither transferable nor extendable.