At Elektron Cycles, we care about your safety and health and want you to have an enjoyable experience with your m368. We recommend that you have your bicycle assembled and checked by skilled/professional cycle mechanic when you receive it for the first time. Carefully read the following information and familiarise yourself with m368 before you take your first ride.
- Light & Horn: Make sure you have connected the two clips properly. There will be a two pin and a three-pin clipper, which must be connected to their respective sockets.
- Brakes & Gears: Brakes and gears are important components of any cycle. You must ask only a skilled mechanic to recalibrate & check these systems. Ascertain which lever operates the front and rear brakes and that the gears should have smooth up & down shifts.
- Secure Seat Post: To enjoy long and relaxing rides one must find a comfortable seating position. With adjustable seat post, you can position it to your comfortable height. Make sure you tighten and secure each time you ride the bicycle.
- Tires & Spokes: You need to inflate the tires before you start riding the bicycle. Tyre pressure keeps varying over time and with a change in weather, so keeping a check on these help in the long run. It is advised to use Nitrogen Air to fill the tyres for better ride experience. Spokes should have enough tension (rigid) in them and a broken spoke or lose spoke can be dangerous
- Charge: Before you have your first ride it’s advised to fully charge the batteries. A full charge or charging indication is the charge light in the adaptor provided. A red light indicates the batteries are charging and a green light indicates fully charged. (Please note if you are not charging the bicycle kindly unplug the pin from the bicycle.)
Weight Limit: For your cycle and motor to perform the best the weight shouldn’t be more than 120 kilogrammes, including you & your luggage
Points to Remember
- Read and understand the Instruction Manual and Pre-Ride Manual carefully.
- Double check that your cycle is assembled properly. If you’re not satisfied fully or the mechanic is not able to help you out, it's better you visit a more skilled professional in a cycle shop or showroom or contact Elektron Cycles customer support.
- Wear protective gear before you start riding, bike helmet, glasses, gloves, knee guards, elbow guards and pollution masks if required.
- An electric bicycle could possibly a new experience hence you should spend some time driving your bicycle slowly in a safe environment before riding on main roads.
- Follow rules of the road. Make sure you are visible to other people & vehicles plying on the road.
- Check if the front and rear reflectors are working before every ride.
- Check the LED front light and horn are in working condition. We recommend keeping the light on always as it improves your visibility on the road.
- The correct position of Handle Bar and Seat Post results into less stress on your body. Make sure both positioned and fastened carefully.
- The chain should have appropriate tension in it, too bouncy or loose chain will spoil all the fun.
- The bicycle should be properly secured on the stand.
- Any odd noise coming from the bicycle should be addressed.
- Elektron cycles m368 is designed to serve you best in normal city conditions. Do not put yourself or others at risk by riding the bicycle in mountainous off-road terrain, wet or rainy areas or performing jumps or stunts.
- Installing any aftermarket upgrades on the bicycle voids the warranty and should be avoided.