At Elektron Cycles, we care about your safety and health and want you to have an enjoyable experience with your new e-bike. We recommend that you have your bicycle assembled and checked regularly by a skilled/professional bicycle mechanic. Carefully read the following information and familiarise yourself before your first ride.
- Light & Horn: Check the light and horn of the bicycle. If not, make sure the plugs are properly connected.
- Brakes & Gears: Brakes and gears are important components of any cycle. You must ask only a skilled mechanic to recalibrate & check these systems. Ascertain which lever operates the front and rear brakes and also that the gears should have smooth up & down shifts.
- Secure Seat Post: To enjoy long and relaxing rides one must find a comfortable seating position. With adjustable seat post, you can position it to your height. Make sure to tighten and secure each time you ride the bicycle.
- Tires & Spokes: You may need to inflate the tires before you start riding the bicycle. Tyre pressure keeps varying over time and with change in weather, so keeping a check helps in the long run. It is advised to use Nitrogen Air in the tyres for better riding experience. Spokes should have enough tension in them and a broken spoke or lose spoke can be dangerous.
- Charge: Before you have your first ride it’s advised to fully charge the batteries. A Charge status led light is provided on the adaptor. A red light on the adapter indicates the batteries are charging and a green light indicates it is fully charged. (Note - If you are not charging then kindly unplug the adapter from the bicycle. One should never turn on the bicycle when the bike is still charging.)
Weight Limit: For your cycle and motor to perform at its best the total weight on the bike shouldn’t cross 120 kgs, including luggage.
Points to Remember
- Read and understand the Instruction Manual and Pre-Ride Manual carefully.
- Double check that your cycle is assembled properly. If you’re not satisfied fully or the mechanic is not able to help you out, it's better you visit a more skilled professional in a cycle shop or showroom or contact Elektron Cycles customer support.
- Wear protective gear before you start riding, bike helmet, glasses, gloves, knee guards, elbow guards and pollution masks if required.
- An electric bicycle could possibly a new experience hence you should spend some time driving your bicycle slowly in a safe environment before riding on main roads.
- Follow traffic rules. Make sure you are visible to other people & vehicles plying on the road.
- Check if the front and rear reflectors are clear and working before every ride.
- Check the LED front light and horn are in working condition. We recommend keeping the light on always as it improves your visibility on the road.
- Correctly positioned Handle Bar and Seat Post results into least stress on your body. Make sure to properly fasten them.
- The chain should have appropriate tension in it, bouncy or loose chain may damage your bike.
- The bicycle should be properly secured on a stand.
- Any odd noise coming from the bicycle should be addressed.
- Elektron cycles m368 series are designed to serve you best in normal city conditions. Do not put yourself or others at risk by riding the bicycle in mountainous off-road terrain, wet or rainy areas or performing jumps or stunts.
- Installing any aftermarket upgrades on the bicycle voids the warranty and should be avoided.